North Mountain Brewing Microbrewery and Gastropub
North Mountain Brewing prides itself on Hand-Crafted Microbrews brewed right here in Phoenix, Arizona. We use locally grown ingredients whenever possible and enjoy contributing to the local economy and community.
TRY A SAMPLER FLIGHT: 6 flight ($12) or 8 flight ($15) served in 4.75 oz. glasses.
Great for sharing! Barrel Aged, Premium Beer and Super Premium Beer may be extra.
We also serve wine, mead and cider.
ALL BEER IS $1 OFF DURING HAPPY HOUR (Open-6 pm M-F)* &
$2 OFF REVERSE HAPPY HOUR (8pm – close, M-Th)
*$2 off our 8 sampler beer flight (6 flights and short beers not included)
1) C.R.E.E.M. Golden Ale (ABV= 5.9/ IBUs=16) A Golden ale brewed with Oats, Rye and Arizona Wildflower Honey, giving extra flavor to this easy drinking Ale. The name C.R.E.E.M. is an acronym for, and tribute to, North Mountain’s headbrewer’s family.
2) Hefe Endings (ABV=4.8 / IBUs=12) Brewed with all German malts and traditional Munich Hefeweizen yeast. Medium in color, light in body, with a nice balance of banana and clove flavors compliments of the yeast.
3) Baby Belgian (ABV=6.3/ IBUS= 24) Brewed with all Belgian Malts, Belgian Candi sugar and Belgian yeast. We then add a small dash of late kettle hops to spice up this golden Belgian ale.
4) Groovin’ With The Pict (ABV= 6.3 / IBUs= 21) Dark Scottish Ale with a malty finish and a wee hint of smoke.
Bring on the Small, Furry Animals.
5) CardinAle Red (ABV= 5.5 / IBUs= 29) A hoppy American red with an Amarillo hop aroma plus a dash of Chocolate & Crystal Malts.
The Officially Unaffiliated Beer of the Arizona Cardinals.
6) Left Handed Monkey Wrench Hazy IPA (ABV= 4.5 / IBUs=31) The classic contemporary Hazy IPA, brewed to drink lite but with plenty of flavor. The addition of Biscuit, Aromatic and light Crystal Malts give balance to this very drinkable IPA. Equinot, El Dorado and Mosaic hops then steal the show, with all hops added to the whirlpool or as dry hop additions. It then gets topped off with Tropical Fruit noted from the yeast. All you really need… is a Left Handed Monkey Wrench.
7)Rabble Rabble Hazy IPA (ABV= 5.8 / IBUs=38) A Hazy Red IPA celebrating the synergy between the fruity flavors of the yeast with the complementary flavors from the Caramel Malts. Then add a serious dose of hops to the whirlpool and even more straight into the fermenter and you get a unique contemporary Hazy IPA. You can almost hear the crowd exclaim Rabble Rabble!
8) Happy Little Flower IPA (ABV= 6.0/ IBUs= 42) The use of Kveik Yeast is no Happy little accident, in fact it helps this beer boast Tasty Tropical notes. Made from a combination of Majestic Malts and Heavenly Hops, this Juicy IPA will make you a Happy Little Flower too.
9) Belay Double IPA (ABV= 8.0 / IBUs= 83) This IPA is directed firmly at the hophead in all of us. With the clean malt bill required to let the hops lead the charge and dry-hopped with Columbus and Summit, this borderline Imperial IPA is exactly what you need when you need hops
10) Spiral Man Oatmeal Stout (ABV= 6.3 / IBUs=31) As dark as it is smooth; this beer is named in honor of Spiral Man, the 800-year-old Hohokam petroglyph in North Mountain Park.
11) Old School Pilsner (ABV= 5.8/IBU’s= 32) A straight forward, classic Pilsner. So what makes it so “Old School”? The use of 100% two Row German Barley. No rice. No corn. Add in an extended aging in the fermenter, or Lagering, and you have an Old School classic Pilsner.
12) WassAle Winter Warmer (ABV= 6.0/ IBUs= 17) A Winter Warm Golden Ale with Brut to make it more Champagne-like, plus some Homemade Apple Cider that is mixed with Pineapple, Orange and Lime. So raise your glass in a toast to not only you, but your WassAle too.
13) Dog’s Bollocks British Ale (ABV= 6.0/ IBUs= 40) Our ESB, or Extra Special Bitter, is in the same family as a Pale Ale but a bit maltier instead of hoppier. Using all British ingredients highlighting toasty malts and classic British hops, even visitors from over the pond agree this beer isn’t bollocks. Quite the opposite, it is… the Dog’s Bollocks.
14) Rose’s Irish Red (ABV=8.2/ IBUs= 82) Brewed with a healthy dose of Malts and Hops, this Double Red is perfect for the Spring Time and for the Irish in us all. Named in honor of the Head Brewer’s Grandmother.
15) Dunlap Dunkel (ABV= 5.8/ IBUs= 42) Brewed with award winning brewers from A.S.H., this lager features a blend on dark European malts that orchestrated to make this beautiful symphony of flavors sing. Nobel Hallertau Hops are used to keep this Munich beer style balanced.
16) Three Strings Porter (ABV= 5.6/ IBUs= 33) A Malt-dominated Porter that is dark and robust but with a smooth body for those in search of a mellow, roasty brew. It is a classic, bold enough to be used as the base for the Tangerine Twist or enjoyed on its own.
17) Tangerine Twist Chocolate Porter (ABV= 5.6/ IBUs=33) We added some Tangerines and Belgian Chocolate plus some Cocoa Nibs- Chocolate Lovers’ Delight to our usual Three Strings Porter. Smooth, Robust and Dark with Chocolate and Caramel malts. A malt dominated Porter for those who like an easy drinking dark ale with a Tangerine Twist!
18) James Brown Imperial Soul Barrel Aged (ABV= 8.5/ IBUs=34) American Brown Ale aged in Tequila Barrel for one year. A taste of chocolate, coffee and dark caramel malts. The Imperial version of the first beer ever brewed at NMT. It is our 7th year Anniversary Beer! It’s James Brown’s Imperial Soul! Now get down with your Bad Self!
19) The ScotchBerries taste like ScotchBerries (ABV = 10.4/ IBUs = 30) This 6-malt Scotch was aged in Scotch and Whiskey Barrels, featured from Magnums Liquor and Black Mountain Distillery, which creates a tart aroma to balance out the sweetness from the Blackberries. It is dark with a medium body and perfect for a mild Arizona winter day.
***ASK YOUR SERVER ABOUT TAKING BEER HOME IN A GROWLER***
ABV = Alcohol By Volume
IBU’s = International Bittering Units (a measure of the hop bitterness of the beer)
BARREL AGED BEER
We have a wide range of Barrels (Bourbon, Whiskey, Scotch, Rum, Brandy, Tequila, Cognac, Red and White Wine, what am I missing?).
And a wide range of beer passing through those Barrels (Pretty much everything at one point or another).
Some of these pass through at unexpected moments, never hitting the Web Site. So keep your eyes to the sky, ear to the ground, or better yet come on in to see what’s going on.
Beer Lover? Join the Mugg Club!
Visit us on Facebook
PLEASE CALL FOR MOST CURRENT CRAFT BEER LIST as we frequently change our beer faster than we can update the list. See you soon.